Alliance for Excellent Education offers weeky ESSA updates
The Alliance for Excellent Education, national policy and advocacy organization, will post weekly videos called Federal Flash that summarize important develeopments in ed policy. Sign up for the Federal Flash email list and view the latest Federal Flash.
OFT partnered with a coalition of stakeholders to host a webinar April 14 to share information about ESSA - in fact, OFT member Kay Wait, a teacher in Toledo and Toledo Federation of Teachers, Local 250, leader, was a panelist during this webinar. We hosted a tele town hall conference call in May to discuss
ESSA with members across Ohio. Listen to the tele ltown hall discussion.
- What is ESSA?
- OFT's Issues and questions chart
- OFT asks members for input - Calendar of meetings in OFT locals to discuss ESSA's opportunities to improve education
- Ohio Department of Education - OFT members should know what ODE has to say about the new law and how Ohio decision makers will approach this opportunity. ODE ESSA webpage
- See more about AFT President Randi Weingarten's testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
- Read OFT's Dec. 8, 2015 press release.
- Read AFT's Dec. 10, 2015 statement.
- Sign the AFT petition: AFT is urging members, leaders and the community to join a petition to help win essential changes to regulations advanced by the U.S. Education Department for this major new law. Learn more and add your name to the petition.
- AFT fact sheets on various areas touched by the new law. Review AFT's ESSA materials.
- AFT also partnered with other groups to provide information about ESSA. Check out this Guide to Stakeholders to Develop and Implement their ESSA Plans.